Independent Practical Completion Inspections (IPC) Lexia
What is the importance of getting an independent practical completion report? Well quite simply a builder might miss something and if you are building your dream home you don’t want anything to go wrong. This inspection can also be called the handover inspection. While this is an inspection done at the completion of the home we can conduct staggered building inspections to ensure that at every stage your Lexia home is perfect.
Please note: The PCI is not designed to replace the checks conducted during the various construction stage inspections, given time restrictions that often exist at many PCI’s and the fact that many of the constructed items are no longer visible at the PCI stage the ability to check an item may be severely restricted or compromised. And as such although a PCI is a vital inspection, it is strongly recommended that CPI is considered for any build.
5 Reasons Why You Should Choose WA Building Inspections
- Comprehensive and Detailed Inspection Services.
We don’t cut corners in our inspections and we spend the time across the entire property to look for all defects and problems.
- A Detailed Easy to Understand Report
Our reports are organised and full of photographs to quickly explain our findings.
- We are Fast
We are easy to book, fast to book in and we prepare our reports immediately after inspection to get them to you.
- We are exceptional Value
We are consistently told by our clients that the quality of our service, reports and work is exceptionally clear, easy to understand and exceptional value for money.
- An Eye for Detail in All Areas
I have a keen eye for detail and identifying flaws and poor workmanship in all types of buildings from my 20 plus years in the building industry.
The types of items we inspect during our PCI include:
- Front elevation and general layout is in accordance with the plans
- Workmanship follows Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards
- Roof Cover.
- Ridge cap,
- Down pipes,
- Gables, Eaves
- External Walls.
- External Windows,
- External Taps
- Outside areas.
- External stairs,
- External balconies,
- External balustrades,
- Underfloor Structure
- Roof Space.
- Internal Roof Cover,
- Party Walls,
- Venting to External
- Individual Room (Room By Room) Inspections.
- Quality of finish,
- Ceiling and cornice,
- Walls and skirting,
- Windows hardware and frames,
- Door hardware,
- Exposed brick,
- Floor cover,
- Scratches to window glass, cabinet tops, mirrors, shower screens, ceramic tiles, bath, spa bath, cisterns, pans, toilet seats, cupboard doors, sinks
- Open and shut all doors and drawers
- Open and shut all cabinet doors and drawers
- Drainage to basins and basin overflows and WCs
- Make sure HWS heats, run hot and cold water to all points, check water flow
- Check operation of hot plate, oven (does it turn on), rangehood (paper test on suction), air-conditioner (does it turn on, does it blow air), garage door up and down
- Any specific concerns can be reviewed and checked against plans and contract
There are some other important tests and inspections that you should have conducted before you move or move someone into your Lexia home:
Other Inspections that we offer:
- Pest and Termite Inspections Lexia
- Methamphetamine and Drug Testing as well as Decontaminations Lexia
- Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) Lexia
- Construction Progress Report Lexia
- Building Defects and Liability Report Lexia
- Dilapidation and Comparison Report Lexia
- Roof Framing Inspection Lexia
- Property Condition Reports (PCR) LexiaGenerate
- Tenancy Inspections Lexia
- Builders Site Report and Slab Services Lexia
- Moisture and Leak Detection Lexia
- BAL Certifications and Reports Lexia
- Drone Inspections – High Reach Commercial Lexia
Our unique approach to the way we perform inspections allows for helpful content such as methods of repair and even trade recommendations, we flag potential issues that may also arise inside a 12 month time line, we provide links to our cloud where you can download inspection images, 360 degree interactive images and even video content around your inspection, we supply a detailed clear and easy to understand reporting.
Other great Lexia businesses that can help you with your home: