Defects and Liability Report for Lexia Buildings
Every builder dreams of the perfect build without so much as a single fault being found with their work. However, the reality of most construction projects is that at some stage issue will be taken with some or all of the work, and a complaint of a defect will arise.
It is therefore important to understand exactly what is meant by the term ‘defect’, how a contractual ‘defects liability period’ works in practical terms, and whether there is any right to claim damages for covering the costs of rectifying a defect.
What exactly is a ‘defect’?
Ordinarily, where the term ‘defect’ is used in a construction contract, it refers to work that has not been performed in accordance with the standards and requirements of the particular contract.
Matters to take into consideration in determining if there is a defect may include:
- the quality of any work and the standard of workmanship;
- whether design directives have been followed and correct materials have been used; and
- whether the works have been performed in accordance with contractual specifications and drawings.
5 Reasons Why You Should Choose WA Building Inspections
- Comprehensive and Detailed Inspection Services.
We don’t cut corners in our inspections and we spend the time across the entire property to look for all defects and problems.
- A Detailed Easy to Understand Report
Our reports are organised and full of photographs to quickly explain our findings.
- We are Fast
We are easy to book, fast to book in and we prepare our reports immediately after inspection to get them to you.
- We are exceptional Value
We are consistently told by our clients that the quality of our service, reports and work is exceptionally clear, easy to understand and exceptional value for money.
- An Eye for Detail in All Areas
I have a keen eye for detail and identifying flaws and poor workmanship in all types of buildings from my 20 plus years in the building industry.
Inspection and some are as follows:
- Workmanship follows Building Code of Australia and Australian Standards
- Roof Cover.
- Ridge cap,
- Down pipes,
- External Walls
- External windows and flyscreens,
- External taps.
- Outside areas.
- External stairs,
- External balconies,
- External balustrades,
- Underfloor Structure
- Roof space.
- Internal roof cover,
- Party walls,
- Venting to external
- Individual Room (Room by Room) Inspections.
- Quality of finish,
- Ceiling and cornice,
- Walls and skirting,
- Windows frames and hardware,
- Doors and hardware,
- Exposed brick,
- Floor cover
- Open and shut all doors and windows
- Open and shut all cabinet doors and drawers
- Drainage to basins and basin overflows and WCs
- Make sure HWS heats, run hot and cold water to all points, check water flow
There are some other important tests and inspections that you should have conducted before you move or move someone into your Lexia home.
Other Inspections that we offer:
- Pest and Termite Inspections Lexia
- Methamphetamine and Drug Testing as well as Decontaminations Lexia
- Practical Completion Inspection (PCI) Lexia
- Construction Progress Report Lexia
- Building Defects and Liability Report Lexia
- Dilapidation and Comparison Report Lexia
- Roof Framing Inspection Lexia
- Property Condition Reports (PCR) Lexia
- Tenancy Inspections Lexia
- Builders Site Report and Slab Services Lexia
- Moisture and Leak Detection Lexia
- BAL Certifications and Reports Lexia
- Drone Inspections – High Reach Commercial Lexia
Our unique approach to the way we perform inspections allows for helpful content such as methods of repair and even trade recommendations, we flag potential issues that may also arise inside a 12 month time line, we provide links to our cloud where you can download inspection images, 360 degree interactive images and even video content around your inspection, we supply a detailed clear and easy to understand reporting.
Other great Lexia businesses that can help you with your home: